There’s no getting over it – Canada is one enormous country. This fact alone can make planning your first trip to the country rather daunting – but fear not!
In this article we’ve picked out some of the best experiences you can have in Canada – so find the ones that appeal most and then plan your itinerary around your list.
We’ve included both outdoor and indoor activities; some of the former are a little extreme but most will have universal appeal.
All of them, however, are quintessential Canadian experiences which we know you will love.
Let’s get started then:
• If you really want to start at the top, climb the platform in Wakefield Quarry in Quebec and bungee off, enjoying an upside-down view of a beautiful area.
• Let’s get back down to earth, shall we? For a more relaxing time, hit the hot springs in Kootenay National park in British Columbia – especially wonderful in the depths of winter.
• You might be surprised at how good the diving can be off the Canadian coastline – Tobermory Bay is stunning.
• Ready for some more adrenaline? Skydiving should do it – Sasketchewan is one of the finest places to throw yourself from a plane.
• Canada offers a great opportunity to see the Northern Lights – head for Yellowknife at the right time and you’re almost guaranteed to view the amazing Aurora Borealis.
• Explore the Rockies – with hundreds of miles of trails of varying difficulty, you’ll find something to suit in these stunning mountains.
• Back to winter fun – you can’t visit in the snowy months without dog sledding – British Columbia is a perfect starting point.
• A more sedate way to see a lot more of the country is by rail – the Via Rail route linking Toronto and Vancouver is an awesome ride.
• Food is going to be another high point – you can’t leave Montreal without eating bagels, after all.
• Visit the most easterly part of North America – Cape Spear in Newfoundland is one to tick off the bucket list – and you can have dinner in the lighthouse.
• The CN Tower in Toronto is spectacular enough from the inside – but did you know you can walk around its rim at over 1100 feet in the air (with plenty of support, don’t worry) – the Edgewalk is something you’ll not forget in a hurry
• Finally for this list, you need to experience the majesty of the Niagra Falls – ride on the Maid of the Mist to get as close as you’ll want to for stunning views.
We’ve got one more tip for you – in your free time you can try win real money and play Canadian online casino at casino.com from your mobile. With luck you’ll increase your travel funds allowing for even more fun!